Sunday 9 March 2014

Unravel by Calia Read



Synopsis

Six months ago, I was happy. I was simply Naomi Carradine.

One month ago, I was admitted into a psych ward.

Yesterday, Lachlan visited me. Kissed me. And told me that I’m starting to lose my mind.

Hours later, Max haunted my thoughts, reminding me I’m not crazy and that he needs my help.

A few minutes ago, I drifted further from reality, trying to unravel the past.

And now...everyone thinks I’m insane. But, I know he's real, and I know he needs me. 


Do you believe me?


Review

"He holds me and I know I'm safe."

I've been just dying to get my greedy hands on Unravel as soon as I heard of this book. The cover just captivates you in a spell that lured me towards the secrets hidden in this book. I don't judge a book by its cover but it was so gorgeous and it was a plus for Unravel. Than the blurb hit me like a uncontrolled bus in danger of hitting a dead end. I was hooked. Not only that, when I started the book, I held little bit of my sanity that I had disappeared as soon as I start the first line.   

When I got Unravel. I wanted to wait until I could give my undivided attention to this book but my hands wandered and I started reading it. 

Oh man, this book was INTENSE. 

An absolute MIND F**K. 

It gutted me. 

It unravelled me. 

It stole me. 

It killed me. 

It owned my soul.

It was that freaking good. I bow down to the GREATNESS of CALIA READ. She can write so beautifully that I was the little threads loose that unraveled in a mess of emotions. I didn't know where I started and where I ended. If I wasn't so numb I would be sobbing so hard in a corner because Naomi is the strongest soul of all. It may not seem to her but she is. 


"Tell me what you're fighting and I'll fight with you."

There is this quality in Calia's writing that ensnared me in its web of beauty I was glued to it like super glue until the very end. It was so soulful. Gorgeous. That I was stuck forever in this world. It took a piece of me. That I gladly will let it keep. There is a beauty in darkness that always beckons us to its core to find out its secrets but little do we all know that it just wants to trap us in their web of lies, there is no light at the end of the path drawing us back home, once we are stuck, we are stuck forever. That's exactly what Unraveled did, it unravels its secret with outmost care, slowly in its own pace, slowly wrapping around us. We start seeing connections and answers. It's woven so intricately that its mind boggling when truth comes out. The truth is the key in the story that was missing and left clues to find our way to the end of the maze. To the core of the story. 



"Remember that even the purest of souls have darkness in them. It might be hard to spot. Perhaps they've perfect the art of covering it from the world. Or maybe it's hidden in a dark corner of their mind. But it's there. No one in this world is scar free."

Every twist and turn, made me turn and twist on the inside. I was lost in the brilliance of this story. It was executed in such beautiful manner that kept you at the very edge of your seat. I was driven to the brink of my sanity. I even question my own. Naomi’s story entwined with my very own. Unraveling the truth is unraveling your own slowly. 


F*ck the truth. It was the heart that was my worst enemy. It was the one that was going to cut me. Bleed me. It would be the one that would kill me."

This isn't a typical romance, nor is it very dark, its just the story of a young girl coming to terms with what really happened to her. Her struggling to get better and move past the darkness. They layers of this story keeps making you question the foundation of what you are reading and makes this experience a wild roller-coaster ride with bumps and butterflies bats in your stomach. 

I LOVED it. 

READ NOW. You just have to experience it for yourself. 

I loved the characters so much. There was this side character in this story who will not be named you'll just need to figure out who *grinning wickedly* but here's a quote this character who will not be named said:

“God offers to every mind its choice between truth and repose. Take which you please— you can never have both.”

★★★★★
5 UNRAVELING THE TRUTH STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment