Friday 18 July 2014

THERAPY by Kathryn Perez


Synopsis
I’m needy.

I’m broken.

Cutting breaks through my numbness, but only opens more wounds.

Depression, self-harm, bullying....that's my reality.

Sex and guys....that's my escape.

The space between the truth and lies is blurred leaving me torn, lost and confused. And while the monsters that live in my head try to beat me-- the two men that I love try to save me.

This is my story of friendship, heartache, and the grueling journey that is mental-illness.

Sometimes you have to get lost in order to be found…



Review

I was completely unprepared for the vast number of emotions Therapy put me through. I knew it not a light book from off the bat nonetheless still knowing that didn't prepare me for angst and pain filled in each word. No one can put to words what this book did to me certainly I can't. I needed THERAPY. It was just the book I needed. 

I need to pour my emotions on a blank white canvas, splash the dark colours on to it and release my hurt, my anger, my happiness, my tears and little bit of me added in the mix creating the masterpiece of what Therapy brought out in me.

When we hit the point of rock bottom in life, we suppress any bit of happiness in our lives. We push people away who mean a lot. You keep making mistakes. You take up bad habits. Make bad decisions and in the end you start hating yourself. Loving yourself is important because only than you can love another person without reservations. Only when you truly see yourself with all the flaws that glare at you every second and love all of them, only than you will able to see the person who accepts and loves the whole package that is you. 

This book did a number on me. I cried so much when I finished it. It was like a dam broke and whatever is in me bursted out trying to get some air. There was so much emotion and depth packed into this book I just couldn't stop reading. I was thrown face first into the pool of pain. It shook me, tied me, unhinged me and caressed me. There was love, hate, pain and happiness mixed in a potion that I inhaled in and keep reliving. 

Jessica's pain reminds me of my own pain. At some points in our lives we have all been bullied but Jessica has been bullied to point where she cuts her self, hates herself, sells her self short. In her mind her self worth is lays at the very bottom. Where everyone walks all over her. She has a lot of issues that she needs to overcome. Than there is Jace who's this charming, good looking young man who's the boyfriend of the mean girl. The popular girl that seems to hate her guts for no good reason but the fact that she is mean, hateful person. 

This is Jessica's story of growing up and overcoming her fears. When Jessica stops being the punching bag and says enough is enough. This is a story of a young girl who has been bullied and starts living her life to the fullest and not just hoping it all ends waiting in the sidelines. 

The writing, poetry is a beautiful. The story hits home. Makes a point. Breaks you and than mends you. Join Jessica in her journey and get Therapy. 

★★★★★

5 THERAPY STARS!


MEET KATHRYN


Kathryn lives in her small East Texas hometown with her family. She 's a music infused writer and self-proclaimed book junkie. When she isn't listening to music, writing or reading you'll probably find her watching her favorite sport, UFC.

Kathryn is also an anti-bullying advocate and avid supporter of mental-illness and suicide awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment