Thursday 15 August 2013

Arsen by Mia Asher


Synopsis

One glance was all it took…

I'm a cheater.
I'm a liar.
My whole life is a mess.

I love a man.
No, I love two men…
I think.

One makes love to me. The other sets me on fire.
One is my rock. The other is my kryptonite.

I'm broken, lost, and disgusted with myself.

But I can't stop. This is my story.
My broken love story.

Review

Oh my god. Mia Asher broke my heart. Ohmigod. I'm a crying blubbering mess. I didn't cry for the whole damn book but that ending killed me. Ohmigod! People you MUST get Arsen by the amazing Mia Asher. Her book blew my mind. Oh god. Mindf**kingblowing.

That ^^ was my reaction after finishing Arsen at 4:30 am in the morning. I had to compose myself after finishing it to even write my reaction coherently on Goodreads and my Facebook page. Before that I messaged Mia, telling her through my tears how I felt. 

Mia Asher is a genius. She writes real and raw. Her characters are flawed and real. She will write brutal scenes. She will make all our values thrown outside of the bubble of where you are reading. Values and Arsen don't coexist. You have to leave it at the threshold of where you reading because you will be fighting with yourself while you're reading. 

I love this book to pieces. I practically breathed this book in right to my soul. My soul sings with this book. I never ever came across a book with cheating and was able to understand it. That it made sense. That it wasn't senseless. I'll admit I hate cheating, its not something that I normally can condone to unless, hypothetically speaking the guy I want her to be with, is who she cheats with, and the other guy is someone I don't like. But my argument - comeback - would be cheating is cheating doesn't matter why or why not, but when its something that make sense, that actually makes things fall back into place after a mass destruction of your life. Now that is something I understood. Mia cleverly wrote a book that not many can accept or understand but in end makes it understandable. It also comes down to how well you understand these characters as well.  

Cathy is someone you may hate (it all depends on who you are rooting for or her choices) but I didn't hate her. I couldn't hate her. It was impossible to not be sympathetic to her. She had one hell of a broken heart, that kept breaking under loss. She was lost and things that normally she would never do, is something she does. She hates telling lies, she hates cheating but she does it. Why? You'll find out. 

Ben... he is someone you'll love, he's a great guy. I have noticed people already rooting for him. He is someone you will all want in a husband, someone you'll envy having as someone else's husband. He's handsome, sweet and he has it all. He's perfect to the T. 

Arsen -sigh- is someone you may hate, or love depending on your view of him. I love him, he may be in the most misunderstood person in this book, the person who understands pain (that breaks my heart).  I can't put to words on how much I love this guy. His heart is a beautiful rose with thorns around that can prick you with its intensity. He's hot, he had it all. But he's hurt. Why? You'll find out. ;) 

ARSEN is well written, the plot, characters, side characters, it has it all to its perfection. 

This is a broken love story and it left my heart broken. My heart shattered and I'm left with its pieces. I can't let go of this story for the fear of my soul leaving my body with it. This book not only touched my heart but my very soul. Arsen stole me away. 

5 ++++  LOVING ARSEN STARS 




No comments:

Post a Comment