Sunday 19 January 2014

Kiss the Sky by Krista & Becca Ritchie


Synopsis

Virgin. Sex addict. Daredevil. Alcoholic. Smartass … Jackass. Her five friends are about to be filmed. Reality TV, be prepared.

Rose Calloway thought she had everything under control. At twenty-three, she’s a Princeton graduate, an Academic Bowl champion, a fashion designer and the daughter of a Fortune 500 mogul. But with a sex addict as a sister and roommate, nothing comes easy.

After accepting help from a producer, Rose agrees to have her life filmed for a reality television show. The Hollywood exec is her last chance to revive her struggling fashion line, and boundaries begin to blur as she’s forced to make nice with a man who always has his way.

Twenty-four-year-old Connor Cobalt is a guy who bulldozes weak men. He’s confident, smart-as-hell and lives with his equally ambitious girlfriend, Rose Calloway. Connor has to find a way to protect Rose without ruining the show. Or else the producer, who’s never been denied a thing, will get what Connor has always wanted—Rose’s virginity.

This New Adult Standalone Romance can be described as Friends meets The Real World. Expect fist fights, drugs, sex of varying degrees, crude humor and competitive alpha males. Definitely for mature readers audiences only.



Review

WHOA. I'm BLOWN away. I LOVED THIS STORY. I LOVE Connor, Rose, Sadie (yes the cat, I love her! ;), Lo, Lily, Daisy and Ryke.

I absolutely ENJOYED reading it. An absolute PLEASURE!!!! Krista and Becca outdid themselves with this book. 

Rose and Connor compliment each other in the best of ways and it was beautiful to see them blossom throughout this book. Their relationship is so unique from the others but you can see they are two halves of a soul and its just beautiful to see them together. When they interact, talk in French, their constant competing and just them being themselves. I love how they go way out for each other and their family. They fight with each other and they fight others together and that's what I love about my favourite couples.

I loved that Connor was a smartass. He was witty, hilarious, possessive, intelligent and carries off a conversation so beautifully that the other person has to bow down to the genius that Connor is. (We shouldn't really mention that to him right, or else he will have too big of head to live with bwhaha ;)

I love how Rose is. I love that she is confident about who she is but just like any other person she has a weakness - her mother. They way she treats her. The way she handles her mother. I love how much she loves her sisters and how far she is willing to go to protect them. I love how intelligent she is and how she takes no shit. (I need to take lessons from her! ;) 

I'll say this now. I f**king HATE Scott. There its out there. I HATE him from the beginning to the very end. (Why you wonder? Well you'll have to read it for yourself ;) LOL) 

There is just something so very addicting about KBR's writing (yes I'm giving them that name now, its so much easier! :), they've made me feel like I'm really there with them. Fighting their problems away and trying to find the best solution for them. These people aren't fictional for me at all, they are family and their pain is my pain. If they are angry, I'm ten times even more angry than them. 

I can support that with saying that my hatred for Scott knows no bounds that I am thinking of ways for him to suffer in the worst way you can imagine. His death happens in so many different ways in the horrifying manner. As I'm writing and I coming up with another way to kill him off. (Yes I'm not joking. That asshat!)

OK. I better stop myself right now because I can go on and on about it. ;) 

I love the ending so much. I REALLY hope Krista and Becca write more Connor and Rose for us! I definitely will be reading it as soon as I can get my hands on it!! <3

KBR books I'll read blindly because they are amazing and they keep getting better and better. :D Looking really forward to Hothouse Flower, Daisy and Ryke's book.

Overall this story is awefreakingtasic. Went above and beyond what I thought would happen. Which I loved so much. Surprised me at so many turns of the story and kept me at my toes. There was never a part of the story where I lost interest like I said it got better and better. 

So that means... 

My verdict.... 

Is...


6 GENIUS CONNOR AND ROSE STARS!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment