Monday 15 July 2013

The Light in the Wound by Christine Brae


Synopsis

Affected by her parents’ highly publicized divorce, Isabel grows up isolated and alone, with a resolve to never fall in love and repeat their mistakes.

When Jesse Cain enters her life, she falls hopelessly in love with him, and every sadness she’s ever felt is washed away by his intensity and passion. But people change as they grow up. Things can never stay the same forever.

Jesse and Isabel fight to stay together, determined to hold on to what they once had. Isabel wonders if a second love can ever be enough to make her forget her first.


Review


I was wowed speechless by this book, I just couldn't put it down. It was awefreakingtasic!!! From the prologue to the very end I was at the edge of my seat clutching tight to my kindle and snuggled nicely on my couch devouring this book. I was riveted by this book that I forgot whatever needed to be done (cleaning etc.) and kept reading until I was finished. 

The angst in this book kept my heart from stopping at times, the urge to read the ending,  to keep myself from dying was intense but I stopped myself (what is the fun in knowing the ending right?!).  I was so glad I didn't because I wouldn't have felt the rush of tranquility which filled my veins. 

Sometimes I was so frustrated, I wanted to throw my kindle (Mr. Cole Murphy - yeah I named it!) across the room but I love my baby so much, I can't live without Cole! So obviously I curbed that urge deep within me, took deep breaths and continued reading, saying that I will scream, break (whatever is in front of me) and cry at Christine, if I don't get the ending I want. That Isabel ends with my guy. The guy who I keep falling so deeply in love with. He is just so perfect. Now since I didn't do any of the above things I won't say who that guy is. So you need to read it. Right now. As soon as it is out. 

Right now. 

Alright. 

*Takes a deep breath* 

Continuing...

I have this love-hate relationship with Isabel's mom, there were moments when she was a great mom, she gave wonderful advice to her daughter and when counts never kicked her to the curb. But than she sometimes was so comatose, so drugged in her own pain and loneliness that never noticed what she did to her daughter being so out of it. Her ignoring what she is doing and trying to move on with one prospect to another without dealing with it ruined so much. But again, she is a great mother as well especially when it counts, who can ask for more? 


The Light in the Wound was written so beautifully, so exceedingly well. The characters pain became yours, you just feel everything they do, deep within. It's addicting book that keeps you 100% invested. 

It is so very easy to escape within its pages and live their life than my own because it just so real.

There are not as many books out there who's writing is so clean and that's another reason why I love TLITW so much. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this book so freaking much!! 

Get it!!!! 

"Help me please. It's him I want. I think that maybe it's always been him." 

5 PLUS Awefreakingtastic, Angst-filled, Kindle throwing Stars!!!!



Meet Christine 


I love to read, write about reading, shop, write about shopping, three day weekends, high heels and purses. I’m a wife, a mother, a corporate executive, a loyal friend and a passionate believer in true love. This is all you need to know about me. If you get my stories, you get my heart.

Christine Brae Facebook Page ~ Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment